I’ve just released version 2.0.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is the latest in our twice-yearly “feature releases”, where we introduce major changes to the site.
Highlights from the 2.0.0 release:
- A redesigned interface for People, Groups, Sites, and Courses directories. This is a continuation of redesign work that we began in version 1.19.0.
- In the redesign vein, we also reworked the appearance of the registration page.
- Improvements to group forums, including better search and pagination
- Integration between the WP Grade Comments plugin and the Reckoning tool, often used by instructors to review student work.
- Improved tools for leaving sites, writing site descriptions for display in directories, and uploading site logos.
For complete details on the release, visit the 2.0.0 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.16.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.16.0 is our “major release” for Fall 2019, one of two yearly releases that focus on the introduction of new features.
Major features for 1.16.0 include:
- An overhaul of the Courses tab. This includes a Featured Course slider at the top of the page, a set of tools for fine-grained filtering and searching of the Courses directory, and display improvements for the items in the directory.
- Group calendar subscription and import tools. It’s now possible to perform a one-time event import to a group calendar, by uploading an .ical file. You can also configure a group calendar to subscribe to an external calendar feed, so that new items on that external feed are automatically detected and added to the group calendar.
- A tool that enables users to request membership to a non-public site. Previously, these sites could only be joined via invitation, an obstacle for student onboarding.
- Interface improvements to the Reckoning plugin, including the display of post categories when viewing user summaries.
- Improvements to the group file folder interface, including a tool to delete folders.
- Design improvements to Sites and Groups directories.
For complete details, visit the 1.16.0 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.14.8 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses the following issues:
- Increase the number of items shown per page on the Courses directory
- Improved performance for certain post queries
- Fix bug in Lucid theme that prevents social icon markup from appearing
- Fix bug in Reckoning plugin that prevents certain UI options from working properly
- Improvements to the appearance of the sitewide footer
For complete details, visit the 1.14.8 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a number of bugs:
- Fix unformatted notifications related to bbPress activity when on secondary sites
- In Reckoning plugin, count private posts
- Fix incompatibility between bbPress and Add Users Widget plugin
- Fix problem with redirects to group blogs with mapped domains that don’t support SSL
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.10.10 milestone.