I’ve just released version 1.18.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- A new Conference Site template when creating sites
- Ensure that forum attachments are deleted from Group Library when the corresponding forum item is deleted
- Order the Semester dropdown chronologically on the Courses tab
For complete details, visit the 1.18.10 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.17.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- Fix blog name uniqueness check during blog creation
- Automate the deletion of Courses when the corresponding groups/sites are deleted
- Improve behavior when logging into subdomain admin panels
- Fix the creation of library items with long titles
- Improve appearance of notifications on group acceptance management pages
For complete details, visit the 1.17.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.16.8 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release is a major-update release for plugins and themes. The release also addresses the following issues:
- Improvements to the Subject and From fields in email notifications related to group forum posts
- Fixed bug that could cause slider navigation on Courses directory to be hidden or inaccessible
- Improved footer navigation on mobile devices
- New CommentPress-focused theme
For complete details, visit the 1.16.8 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.16.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.16.0 is our “major release” for Fall 2019, one of two yearly releases that focus on the introduction of new features.
Major features for 1.16.0 include:
- An overhaul of the Courses tab. This includes a Featured Course slider at the top of the page, a set of tools for fine-grained filtering and searching of the Courses directory, and display improvements for the items in the directory.
- Group calendar subscription and import tools. It’s now possible to perform a one-time event import to a group calendar, by uploading an .ical file. You can also configure a group calendar to subscribe to an external calendar feed, so that new items on that external feed are automatically detected and added to the group calendar.
- A tool that enables users to request membership to a non-public site. Previously, these sites could only be joined via invitation, an obstacle for student onboarding.
- Interface improvements to the Reckoning plugin, including the display of post categories when viewing user summaries.
- Improvements to the group file folder interface, including a tool to delete folders.
- Design improvements to Sites and Groups directories.
For complete details, visit the 1.16.0 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.14.8 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses the following issues:
- Increase the number of items shown per page on the Courses directory
- Improved performance for certain post queries
- Fix bug in Lucid theme that prevents social icon markup from appearing
- Fix bug in Reckoning plugin that prevents certain UI options from working properly
- Improvements to the appearance of the sitewide footer
For complete details, visit the 1.14.8 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.14.6 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a number of bugs, including:
- Fix bug that caused Teaching Template not to be applied properly to new sites in certain cases
- Fix BuddyPress “Export Data” screen
- Add new embed support for Padlet, Sutori, Voicethread
- Sort Courses directory primarily by course term, with alphabetical as a secondary sort
- Fix some formatting errors in groupblog emails
For complete details, visit the 1.14.6 milestone.