I’ve just released version 1.16.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.16.0 is our “major release” for Fall 2019, one of two yearly releases that focus on the introduction of new features.
Major features for 1.16.0 include:
- An overhaul of the Courses tab. This includes a Featured Course slider at the top of the page, a set of tools for fine-grained filtering and searching of the Courses directory, and display improvements for the items in the directory.
- Group calendar subscription and import tools. It’s now possible to perform a one-time event import to a group calendar, by uploading an .ical file. You can also configure a group calendar to subscribe to an external calendar feed, so that new items on that external feed are automatically detected and added to the group calendar.
- A tool that enables users to request membership to a non-public site. Previously, these sites could only be joined via invitation, an obstacle for student onboarding.
- Interface improvements to the Reckoning plugin, including the display of post categories when viewing user summaries.
- Improvements to the group file folder interface, including a tool to delete folders.
- Design improvements to Sites and Groups directories.
For complete details, visit the 1.16.0 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.15.13 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- Removed incompatible User Role Editor plugin
- Improve formatting of text fields in the public portfolio
- Ensured that group Files allowed filetype list matches that of WP sites
For complete details, visit the 1.15.13 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.11.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features some anti-spam protection for contact forms, better feedback when attempting to upload large files to a group, and a tool for resyncing group site membership.
For complete details, visit the 1.11.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses a number of issues introduced by the 1.10 release:
- Improved formatting in email notifications
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect items to show up in some group Files sections
For complete information, visit the 1.10.1 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.6.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes some minor theme and plugin updates, as well as a fix to “silent” file updates and a new plugin, Fourteen Extended.
For complete details, see the 1.6.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.6 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a major feature release. Highlights:
- Emails sent from the CUNY Academic Commons now include an HTML format. If your email client allows it, you will see links and other content rendered in the body of the email, rather than a series of URLs.
- The Profile interface has been improved in a number of ways:
- Text widgets now feature a rich text editor, for greater control over the formatting of your profile content
- A new Twitter widget allows you to display latest items from your Twitter timeline
- Individual items in the Positions widget can now be reordered
- Miscellaneous UI improvements
- Improved appearance for much of the main commons.gc.cuny.edu site on various devices, such as tablets and phones
- The Blogs directory now displays blog authors, and the blog directory search now matches against author names as well as blog names
- New features for Group Files:
- The ability to replace existing uploads
- Silent file deletions
- When composing a new topic or forum reply, a live preview is displayed below the composition box
Watch our news blog and Commons Codex for more information on these and other new features in the upcoming days and weeks.
For complete details on the release, see the 1.6 milestone.