I’ve just released version 1.11.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features some anti-spam protection for contact forms, better feedback when attempting to upload large files to a group, and a tool for resyncing group site membership.
For complete details, visit the 1.11.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses a number of issues introduced by the 1.10 release:
- Improved formatting in email notifications
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect items to show up in some group Files sections
For complete information, visit the 1.10.1 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.6.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes some minor theme and plugin updates, as well as a fix to “silent” file updates and a new plugin, Fourteen Extended.
For complete details, see the 1.6.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.6 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a major feature release. Highlights:
- Emails sent from the CUNY Academic Commons now include an HTML format. If your email client allows it, you will see links and other content rendered in the body of the email, rather than a series of URLs.
- The Profile interface has been improved in a number of ways:
- Text widgets now feature a rich text editor, for greater control over the formatting of your profile content
- A new Twitter widget allows you to display latest items from your Twitter timeline
- Individual items in the Positions widget can now be reordered
- Miscellaneous UI improvements
- Improved appearance for much of the main commons.gc.cuny.edu site on various devices, such as tablets and phones
- The Blogs directory now displays blog authors, and the blog directory search now matches against author names as well as blog names
- New features for Group Files:
- The ability to replace existing uploads
- Silent file deletions
- When composing a new topic or forum reply, a live preview is displayed below the composition box
Watch our news blog and Commons Codex for more information on these and other new features in the upcoming days and weeks.
For complete details on the release, see the 1.6 milestone.