The following plugins will receive major updates as part of the 1.13.2 release of the CUNY Academic Commons, scheduled for May 22, 2018:
- Author Avatars List (1.14)
- BP Groupblog (1.9)
- Better Search (2.2)
- Broadcast (43.4)
- BuddyPress Group Email Subscription (3.8)
- Co-Authors Plus (3.3)
- Embedly (4.9)
- Enable Media Replace (3.2)
- Event Tickets (4.7)
- Events Manager (5.9)
- Facebook Open Graph (0.0)
- GD bbPress Attachments (2.6)
- Gravity PDF (4.4)
- Instagram Feed (1.8)
- Jetpack by WordPress.com (6.1)
- Knight Lab TimelineJS (3.5)
- List category posts (0.76)
- MailChimp for WordPress (4.2)
- Media Library Assistant (2.73)
- MetaSlider (3.7)
- MetaSlider Lightbox (1.10)
- PressForward (5.1)
- Query Monitor (3.0)
- Quiz And Survey Master (5.2)
- Redirection (3.2)
- The Events Calendar Category Colors (5.0)
- WP Inventory (1.6)
- Yoast SEO (7.4)
- oEmbed Gist (4.9)
The following theme will receive major updates as part of the 1.13.2 release of the CUNY Academic Commons, scheduled for May 22, 2018:
- Author (1.29)
- Basic (1.8) (Themify)
- BusinessBuilder (3.7)
- Customizr (4.1)
- Hemingway (1.63)
- Klean (1.26)
- OneTone (2.5)
- Sixteen (1.7)
- Sydney (1.45)
For more details on major update releases, please visit our release schedule and procedures page.
I’ve just released version 1.11.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features some anti-spam protection for contact forms, better feedback when attempting to upload large files to a group, and a tool for resyncing group site membership.
For complete details, visit the 1.11.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a number of bugs:
- Fix unformatted notifications related to bbPress activity when on secondary sites
- In Reckoning plugin, count private posts
- Fix incompatibility between bbPress and Add Users Widget plugin
- Fix problem with redirects to group blogs with mapped domains that don’t support SSL
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.10.10 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.7.18 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release simplifies the display of Recent Blog Posts on the home page, improves readability on groupblog email notifications, and prevents duplicate posts for External Group Blogs.
For complete details, see the 1.7.18 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.7.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release, which addresses a number of cleanup items related to last week’s 1.7 release. Some issues:
- Fixed formatting bug in BuddyPress Docs
- Replace missing Post New Topic button on group forum pages
- Improve “uncouple” language on groupblog admin pages
- Fixed some my-commons avatar bugs
- New plugin: Better Search
For complete details, visit the 1.7.1 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.3.6 of the CUNY Academic Commons. 1.6 is a bugfix release. Highlights:
- Fixed some redirect problems on mapped domains
- Fixed an issues that was causing stickied forum threads to appear double
- Fixed a bug in BP Groupblog that caused new post activity items to appear in the wrong group in some instances
For complete details, visit the 1.3.6 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.3.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Commons 1.3.1 is a bugfix release, with the following issues addressed:
- Improves HTML document titles throughout main site
- Fixes ability to uncouple a groupblog from a group
- Fixes issue that caused edited blog posts to appear at the top of the activity stream
- New WP plugins: WP-Print, WP Hide Post, Custom Sidebar
- New WP theme: Modularity Lite
For complete release details, visit the 1.3.1 milestone.
I’ve just finished tagging and releasing version 1.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.2 is a major feature release for the site. Notable new features and improvements:
- The addition of BuddyPress Docs, a collaborative writing and editing plugin for BuddyPress, developed specifically for the CUNY Academic Commons. BuddyPress Docs gives groups a sort of private wiki space, where they can share their writing and get work done.
- A number of parts of the BP Groupblog interface have been improved. Group blog privacy settings have been more closely integrated; blog author/group member sync has been made more reliable; information about groupblog connections is now displayed on the blog Dashboard; blogs and groups can now be properly unlinked in order to participate in further groupblog connections.
- The display of pending group invitations (the Send Invites tab in each group) has been made less confusing.
- The interface through which group administrators can change the group’s slug/URL has been better integrated into the group admin screens.
- A new Reply button on each forum makes it possible to reply to a forum post without clicking through numerous pages of replies.
- New WordPress themes: Clean Home, Antisnews
This release cycle has been our most extensive to date, with 69 bug and enhancement tickets opened and closed against the milestone. As usual, you can read the full details of the release at the 1.2 milestone.
Sincere thanks to the Commons Dev Team and the Commons Community Team for their hard work leading up to this major release.