I’ve just released version 1.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is our Spring 2017 feature release.
Commons 1.11 introduces a couple of major improvements. A few notable items:
- We’ve relaunched our Help site with a new look and newly organized resources.
- Improved subject lines in email notifications, making it easier to get the most important information up front.
- The group Announcements tab has been deprecated. Group administrators may now send email notifications to members by checking a box when creating a new topic. Existing announcements have been migrated to forum topics.
- New, simplified addresses for starting group forum topics via email.
- A new “Quote” button on group forums, so that responses to specific bits of a forum thread are formatted elegantly, with links back to the original content.
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses a number of issues introduced by the 1.10 release:
- Improved formatting in email notifications
- Fixed bug that caused incorrect items to show up in some group Files sections
For complete information, visit the 1.10.1 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.10 is a major feature release for the Commons. Watch our news blog in the upcoming days for more details on the highlights of the release. In the meantime, here’s a very brief summary of some interesting projects that the development team has worked on for 1.10:
- Improved email notifications – Email notifications have been migrated over to the new BuddyPress 2.5+ system, which features better support for third-party plugins, better appearance on mobile devices, and more.
- Rich text in forum posts – We’ve introduced a rich-text editor when creating a new forum topic or reply. Rich-text forum content should integrate nicely with email notifications and Reply By Email.
- Group calendar shortcode – Display a calendar of a specific group’s events in the content area of a WordPress site with our new shortcode. Documentation is in process.
- Registration nudges – When a user registers for the Commons but doesn’t click the link in the confirmation email, we now send an automated follow-up 24 hours later.
- Improved upload privacy for non-public sites – Sites whose privacy settings limit readership to Commons members now have their file uploads protected in the same way.
- Events UX improvements – We’ve added a Room Number field, and an improved datepicker.
- Social Paper group interface improvements – Group paper directories now have some improvements to layout and messaging, for better consistency with the top-level directory.
For more details on these and other improvements, visit the 1.10 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.18 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This release addresses a number of minor issues:
- Improve formatting in some email notifications
- Fix problem when pasting content into portfolio widgets from MS Word
- Fix problem when using Instragram oEmbed in WordPress posts
- Fix incorrect “More Blogs” link on the home page
For complete details, visit the 1.9.18 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.15 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a bug related to the HTML-only email setting, and fixes a bug in BuddyPress Docs that caused empty revisions to initiate an email notification.
For complete details on the release, see the 1.9.15 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.7.15 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Highlights of this maintenance release:
- Styling improvements to DiRT integration
- Improved behavior when viewing commons.gc.cuny.edu sites over SSL
- Reinstated attachments data in forum post email notifications
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.7.15 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.7.12 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features a number of plugin updates, as well as a fix to plain-text email and fixes for some profile-edit bugs.
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.7.12 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.7.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Highlights of this maintenance release:
- Fixed formatting of some plain-text emails
- Fixed layout for the main Commons login page
- Added better error message on login failure
The following plugins were updated:
- Custom Sidebars (220.127.116.11)
- Enable Media Replace (3.0.3)
- List Category Posts (0.55)
- Redirection (2.3.13)
- SyntaxHighlighter Evolved (3.1.11)
- WPTouch (3.6.6)
The following themes were updated:
- Customizr (3.2.17)
- Dante (2.75)
- Make (1.4.9)
- Platform (1.4.4)
- Sensitive (1.2.6)
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.7.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.6.14 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release contains a number of minor plugin updates, as well as some miscellaneous styling and spelling modifications and fixes to email notification formatting.
For complete details, see the 1.6.14 milestone.