I’ve just released version 1.12.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons.
This maintenance release addresses the following:
- Fixes a problem with certain profile fields being hidden in some cases
- Fixes an issue with attachment links not showing up in group forum emails
- Re-implemented Akismet’s anti-spam feature for those using the Contact Form 7 plugin
- Omits revision edit logs when quoting a group forum post
For complete details, visit the 1.12.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.11.8 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes improvements to the ORCID ID field in profiles, and the quote feature in group forums.
For complete details, visit the 1.11.8 milestone..
I’ve just released version 1.6.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release contains a fix for some action buttons located in profile headers. It is also a major update release; see the announcement from the 5th for more information about the items that received major version updates.
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.6.10 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.6 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a major feature release. Highlights:
- Emails sent from the CUNY Academic Commons now include an HTML format. If your email client allows it, you will see links and other content rendered in the body of the email, rather than a series of URLs.
- The Profile interface has been improved in a number of ways:
- Text widgets now feature a rich text editor, for greater control over the formatting of your profile content
- A new Twitter widget allows you to display latest items from your Twitter timeline
- Individual items in the Positions widget can now be reordered
- Miscellaneous UI improvements
- Improved appearance for much of the main commons.gc.cuny.edu site on various devices, such as tablets and phones
- The Blogs directory now displays blog authors, and the blog directory search now matches against author names as well as blog names
- New features for Group Files:
- The ability to replace existing uploads
- Silent file deletions
- When composing a new topic or forum reply, a live preview is displayed below the composition box
Watch our news blog and Commons Codex for more information on these and other new features in the upcoming days and weeks.
For complete details on the release, see the 1.6 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.5.3 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a number of issues related to profile notifications in IE.
See the 1.5.3 milestone for complete details.
I’ve just released version 1.5.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release. Some highlights:
- Users are now redirected to the public profile view after editing
- New Positions fields now reflected in the Members Directory
- Improved UX for the College and Title field deprecation notices
- WordPress upgraded to 3.6.1 security release
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.5.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 220.127.116.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is an emergency release, which adds Lehman College to the list of colleges that can be selected in the Positions profile widget.
For complete details, visit the 18.104.22.168 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.5.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a number of issues, including:
- Styling improvements for new Profiles
- Fixed some legacy group email subscription statuses
- Allowed profile fields to render certain HTML
- Fixed bug that caused Positions widget to fail when fields contained ampersands
For a complete description, visit the 1.5.1 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.5 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a major feature release for the Commons. Major improvements:
- A sophisticated new system for user profiles. You’ll be hearing more about this feature as we announce a couple of new initiatives over the next few weeks.
- A new Commons Twitter page commons.gc.cuny.edu/twitter, where users can explore tweets by and about the CUNY community.
- Improvements to the appearance of the footer and admin bar that appear across the Commons.
- Improvements to the Group Files interface, including warnings before deliting files and the ability to add files without sending out notifications to group members.
- Better emails for users joining the Commons for the first time.
In addition, we have installed a number of new plugins and made some smaller fixes. For complete details on the release, visit the 1.5 milestone.