I’ve just released version 1.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is our Spring 2017 feature release.
Commons 1.11 introduces a couple of major improvements. A few notable items:
- We’ve relaunched our Help site with a new look and newly organized resources.
- Improved subject lines in email notifications, making it easier to get the most important information up front.
- The group Announcements tab has been deprecated. Group administrators may now send email notifications to members by checking a box when creating a new topic. Existing announcements have been migrated to forum topics.
- New, simplified addresses for starting group forum topics via email.
- A new “Quote” button on group forums, so that responses to specific bits of a forum thread are formatted elegantly, with links back to the original content.
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.12 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features improvements to the Help toolbar interface, as well as improvements to the reply-by-email “posting too often” throttle.
For complete details, visit the 1.10.12 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.32 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release – the last in our 1.9.x series! – includes the following fixes:
- Suppress some unneeded admin notices
- Migrate to new ZenDesk help API
- Fix incorrect URL concatenation on registration page when visiting over HTTPS
- Remove outdated text from registration page
For complete details, visit the 1.9.32 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.8.4 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features a number of minor plugin and theme updates, as well as an interface fix to the “new window” behavior of some help links.
For complete details, visit the 1.8.4 milestone.