I’ve just released version 1.14.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release, which addresses the following bugs:
- Fix escaped quotes on Public Portfolio widgets
- Increase performance when deleting bbPress topics and replies
- Increase performance of activity queries with respect to Social Paper filtering
- Fix bug in BuddyPress that could cause incorrect metadata to be stored for post items in some cases
- Remove Simple CSS metabox from front-end interface, especially in Events
- Fix bug preventing the creation of groups in some cases
- Fix bug that caused Submit button to be inaccessible in some cases when previewing forum post
- Fix bug in Site Layout tool that prevented site privacy settings from being saved properly
- Add notice when leaving site creation process (as to visit a demo site) without saving changes
For complete details, visit the 1.14.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.9 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a bug in Social Paper that caused comment notification emails to be sent out incorrectly in some cases, as well as an issue that resulted in the List Category Posts plugin being incorrect deactivated in some cases.
For complete details, visit the 1.10.9 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.10 is a major feature release for the Commons. Watch our news blog in the upcoming days for more details on the highlights of the release. In the meantime, here’s a very brief summary of some interesting projects that the development team has worked on for 1.10:
- Improved email notifications – Email notifications have been migrated over to the new BuddyPress 2.5+ system, which features better support for third-party plugins, better appearance on mobile devices, and more.
- Rich text in forum posts – We’ve introduced a rich-text editor when creating a new forum topic or reply. Rich-text forum content should integrate nicely with email notifications and Reply By Email.
- Group calendar shortcode – Display a calendar of a specific group’s events in the content area of a WordPress site with our new shortcode. Documentation is in process.
- Registration nudges – When a user registers for the Commons but doesn’t click the link in the confirmation email, we now send an automated follow-up 24 hours later.
- Improved upload privacy for non-public sites – Sites whose privacy settings limit readership to Commons members now have their file uploads protected in the same way.
- Events UX improvements – We’ve added a Room Number field, and an improved datepicker.
- Social Paper group interface improvements – Group paper directories now have some improvements to layout and messaging, for better consistency with the top-level directory.
For more details on these and other improvements, visit the 1.10 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.14 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features a number of fixes:
- Social Paper author avatars now link to their profiles
- cuny.is shortlinks are now case-insensitive when entered into the browser
- Improved appearance of long event titles on the Upcoming list
- Fixed bug that allowed incorrect access to event venues in the Dashboard
For complete details, see the 1.9.14 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.12 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses a number of issues:
- Fixed a bug that caused certain kinds of line breaks to be stripped when saving a Portfolio text field
- Added the ability to create/update an Event “silently” (ie, without group notifications being sent)
- Improved logic related to the way that comments are approved on Social Papers
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.9.12 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.9 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes a number of fixes related to the behavior of comments in Social Paper, in addition to plugin and theme updates.
For complete details, visit the 1.9.9 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.7 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes a number of bug fixes, including a problem where clicking on a paper from the Social Paper hub could lead a user directly into Edit mode.
For complete details, see the 1.9.7 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.5 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release is a major plugin/theme update release, including an update to WordPress 4.4.1 and BuddyPress 2.4.3. The release also includes a number of small bugfixes:
- Fixed the positioning of Social Paper notification messages to avoid garbled text
- Fixed the layout of multiple-group notices for forum posts to avoid overlap with forum text
- Replaced some missing and incorrect elements on the sidebar of the News page
For complete details, visit the 1.9.5 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.4 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes a number of notable fixes:
- Prevent spam comments from being posted by anonymous users on public Docs
- Show error notices when required fields are not filled in when editing profile
- Fix People directory filters so that College correctly matches against Positions widget data
- Don’t notify groups of connected draft papers