I’ve just released version 1.19.9 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following:
- Hotfix for a broken cache issue in the Customizr theme
- Fix broken Social Paper notification
For complete details, visit the 1.19.9 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.18.24 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- Improvements to the way that file size is checked when uploading a group forum attachment
- Fixed problems with the way that certain Social Paper notifications are triggered
For complete details, visit the 1.18.24 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.14.9 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes a fix for Social Paper’s edit mode, and performance improvements for URL routing in certain circumstances.
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.14.9 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.14.4 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses a performance issue related to Social Paper.
For complete details, visit the 1.14.4 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.14.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release, which addresses the following bugs:
- Fix escaped quotes on Public Portfolio widgets
- Increase performance when deleting bbPress topics and replies
- Increase performance of activity queries with respect to Social Paper filtering
- Fix bug in BuddyPress that could cause incorrect metadata to be stored for post items in some cases
- Remove Simple CSS metabox from front-end interface, especially in Events
- Fix bug preventing the creation of groups in some cases
- Fix bug that caused Submit button to be inaccessible in some cases when previewing forum post
- Fix bug in Site Layout tool that prevented site privacy settings from being saved properly
- Add notice when leaving site creation process (as to visit a demo site) without saving changes
For complete details, visit the 1.14.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10.9 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release fixes a bug in Social Paper that caused comment notification emails to be sent out incorrectly in some cases, as well as an issue that resulted in the List Category Posts plugin being incorrect deactivated in some cases.
For complete details, visit the 1.10.9 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.10 is a major feature release for the Commons. Watch our news blog in the upcoming days for more details on the highlights of the release. In the meantime, here’s a very brief summary of some interesting projects that the development team has worked on for 1.10:
- Improved email notifications – Email notifications have been migrated over to the new BuddyPress 2.5+ system, which features better support for third-party plugins, better appearance on mobile devices, and more.
- Rich text in forum posts – We’ve introduced a rich-text editor when creating a new forum topic or reply. Rich-text forum content should integrate nicely with email notifications and Reply By Email.
- Group calendar shortcode – Display a calendar of a specific group’s events in the content area of a WordPress site with our new shortcode. Documentation is in process.
- Registration nudges – When a user registers for the Commons but doesn’t click the link in the confirmation email, we now send an automated follow-up 24 hours later.
- Improved upload privacy for non-public sites – Sites whose privacy settings limit readership to Commons members now have their file uploads protected in the same way.
- Events UX improvements – We’ve added a Room Number field, and an improved datepicker.
- Social Paper group interface improvements – Group paper directories now have some improvements to layout and messaging, for better consistency with the top-level directory.
For more details on these and other improvements, visit the 1.10 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.14 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release features a number of fixes:
- Social Paper author avatars now link to their profiles
- cuny.is shortlinks are now case-insensitive when entered into the browser
- Improved appearance of long event titles on the Upcoming list
- Fixed bug that allowed incorrect access to event venues in the Dashboard
For complete details, see the 1.9.14 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.12 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses a number of issues:
- Fixed a bug that caused certain kinds of line breaks to be stripped when saving a Portfolio text field
- Added the ability to create/update an Event “silently” (ie, without group notifications being sent)
- Improved logic related to the way that comments are approved on Social Papers
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.9.12 milestone.