I’ve just released version 1.19.7 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- Fix a bug in the sign-up-sheets plugin that prevented Dashboard access for non-admin users
- Improve text wrapping on homepage
- Better indication of current nav item on main site
- Embedding for zeemaps and Microsoft Sway
- Fixed issue that caused hover dropdown nav menu to appear off-screen in some cases
- Fixed Preview mode for certain configurations on sites with mapped domains
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.19.7 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.19.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is one of our twice-yearly major feature releases for the site.
The centerpiece of the release is a complete redesign and rebuild of the main home page. This redesign, years in the making, includes a few new features:
- “Featured” sites and groups, allowing the Commons team to highlight content
- A new “shortcuts” section, giving easy access to useful links based on a logged-in user’s role (student, faculty, etc)
- A personalized section at the top of the logged-in home page, with links to a user’s most recently active groups and sites
- Suggested groups and sites based on a logged-in user’s campus affiliations
Through the redesign process, we’ve emphasized best practices for modern web design, including compatibility across devices, accessibility for screen readers and other devices, and a simple, readable aesthetic.
We also built a number of features around the site:
- A toggle that allows users of the Courses directory to filter for only those courses that are public
- A flag that allows group and site creators to indicate that their Teaching-focused content is OER-related, and a filter on directories that allows users to browse for content that’s tied to OER
- The ability to edit the Instructors associated with a Course
- Improved visibility settings for a user’s Pronouns field
For complete details, visit the 1.19 milestone, or the post announcing the release on the News blog.
I’ve just released version 1.18.5 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release is also a major-update release for plugins and themes. Fixes include:
- Fixed bug that caused parts of the Group Site interface to work improperly when editing a group.
- Fixed bug that could cause a fatal error when replying by email to a trashed forum topic.
- Fixed bug that caused user-set roles not to be respected when inviting others to join a group-site.
- Fixed bug that could cause an error in the WAVE accessibility scanner.
- Fixed the AJAX filters for some homepage widgets.
I’ve just released version 1.10.11 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes a fix for the appearance of images in the Recent Posts widget on the home page, as well as a number of plugin updates.
For complete details, visit the 1.10.11 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.9.6 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes a fix for homepage images when viewed over SSL, and a fix for a problem that prevented profile widgets from being saved in some cases.
For complete details, visit the 1.9.6 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.7.18 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release simplifies the display of Recent Blog Posts on the home page, improves readability on groupblog email notifications, and prevents duplicate posts for External Group Blogs.
For complete details, see the 1.7.18 milestone.
I’ve just released version 126.96.36.199 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This emergency release fixes an issue with the display of member ‘last active’ times on the home page.
For complete details on the release, see the 188.8.131.52 milestone.