I’ve just released version 1.18.10 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- A new Conference Site template when creating sites
- Ensure that forum attachments are deleted from Group Library when the corresponding forum item is deleted
- Order the Semester dropdown chronologically on the Courses tab
For complete details, visit the 1.18.10 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.18.8 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release contains fixes for the following:
- Bug that caused uploaded Group Library files to overwrite each other in certain circumstances
- Incorrect notification of edited group site post
- Bug that prevented filtering of sent invitations in some cases
- Improvements to our internal tools for scheduled tasks
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.18.8 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.18.4 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- Fixed appearance of ‘Digital Research Tools’ profile nav item
- Fixed pagination issue when viewing folders in Group Library
- Fixed incompatibility between Elementor and certain domain mapping setups
- Fixed bug that prevented proper advancement to step 2 of group creation process when cloning a group+site
For complete details, visit the 1.18.4 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.18.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.18.0 is a “feature release” for the Commons, in a series of twice-yearly milestones that include larger features in addition to the smaller fixes that come with our twice-monthly releases.
As in the last few releases, 1.18.0 focuses on making the Commons easier to use for the increasing number of CUNY community members using the network for teaching, learning, and connecting, especially during remote learning. Some feature highlights:
- Group cloning: In 1.17.0, we introduced “site cloning”, a feature that allows users to create a new site using one of their previous sites as a template. With 1.18.0, we extend this functionality to groups.
- Directory filters: We have redesigned and rebuilt the filters in our Members, Groups, Sites, and Courses directory, for greater power, consistency, and ease of use.
- Improved assessment tools: We’ve built new tools for exporting user activity from sites and group forums. We think that instructors using these spaces for courses will enjoy this easy-to-use format for assessing student participation.
- Group library improvements: The Group Library introduced in version 1.17.0 sees some improvements, including better tools for creating, renaming, and deleting folders.
- “Pronouns” field: A new profile field gives community members a place to indicate their pronouns, which are then displayed throughout the Commons interface.
- Two-factor authentication: Members can now opt in to enhanced login security by enabling 2FA in their Settings section.
In addition to these user-facing improvements, we’ve made a couple large infrastructural changes. We’ve moved to a new tool for handling “mapped” domains – cases where non-Commons URLs are used for Commons sites. We’ve migrated our Digital Research Tools integration from the defunct DiRT Directory to its successor, TAPoR. And we’ve improved performance by adding compatibility with new caching APIs in WordPress.
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.18.0 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.17.5 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- Fixed problem that could cause group forum posts to be orphaned in certain cases
- Fixed compatibility between pressforward-turnkey-theme and WP 5.5+
- Fixed bug that made it impossible to add library items with
# in the filenmae
- Improvements to the daily digest mechanism for group notifications
- Fixed the Notifications UI in user Settings area
For complete details, visit the 1.17.5 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.17.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes the following fixes:
- Fix blog name uniqueness check during blog creation
- Automate the deletion of Courses when the corresponding groups/sites are deleted
- Improve behavior when logging into subdomain admin panels
- Fix the creation of library items with long titles
- Improve appearance of notifications on group acceptance management pages
For complete details, visit the 1.17.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.17.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release includes fixes for a number of features introduced in the 1.17 major release, including
- Improvements to visibility of the Library group nav item
- Improvements to the appearance of topic titles
- Updates to OneSearch widget for compatibility with service refresh
- Fixed a bug that could cause some links on cloned sites to point to the incorrect Dashboard URL
- Fixed a bug that prevented email notifications of group File uploads from being sent
For complete details, visit the 1.17.1 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.17.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.17.0 is one of our twice-yearly “feature releases”, where we package major new and overhauled functionality, in addition to our normal twice-monthly bugfixes.
The major features included in this release are:
- Site Cloning. When creating a Site or a Group+Site, users will have the option to clone their new site from an existing site of which they are the administrator. The clone process means that the new Site will have the same settings – theme, navigation menus, etc – as the source site. Administrator-owned content will be copied over, too. This new tool will make the site creation process easier for faculty who reteach a course across multiple semesters, or anyone who needs to spin up a new site based on an old one. The Site Cloning tool was developed by the CAC team especially for the Commons.
- Improved accessibility and keyboard navigation for the BuddyPress Group Email Subscription user settings UI.
- The ability to accept multiple group membership requests in a single click.
- Improved password strength tools during registration.
Read more about the 1.17.0 release in our official News Blog post, or by visiting the 1.17.0 milestone in our Redmine bug tracker.