I’ve just released version 1.16.2 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release also includes major updates for themes/plugins.
For complete details, visit the 1.16.2 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.16.1 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This maintenance release addresses the following issues:
- Fix formatting of arrow on My Sites toolbar flyout
- Fix bug in 1.16 release that prevented admins of Teaching-affiliated sites from accessing their Dashboards
- Fix layout issue in Sites and Groups directory
For complete details, visit the 1.16.1 milestone.
The following plugins will receive major updates as part of the 1.16.2 release of the CUNY Academic Commons, scheduled for December 24, 2019:
- Broadcast (45.6)
- Custom Post Type UI (1.7)
- Gravity PDF (5.2)
- Gutenberg (7.0)
- Jetpack by WordPress.com (8.0)
- MC4WP: Mailchimp for WordPress (4.7)
- Media Library Assistant (2.81)
- Page Links To (3.2)
- Query Monitor (3.5)
- Redirection (4.5)
- Smash Balloon Custom Facebook Feed (2.12)
- WP Retina 2x (5.6)
- Yoast SEO (12.6)
- bbPress (2.6)
The following theme will receive major updates as part of the 1.16.2 release of the CUNY Academic Commons, scheduled for December 24, 2019:
- Author (1.39)
- Sydney (1.56)
The 1.16.2 release will also include a major WordPress update, to the 5.3 series.
For more details on major update releases, please visit our release schedule and procedures page.
I’ve just released version 1.16.0 of the CUNY Academic Commons. Version 1.16.0 is our “major release” for Fall 2019, one of two yearly releases that focus on the introduction of new features.
Major features for 1.16.0 include:
- An overhaul of the Courses tab. This includes a Featured Course slider at the top of the page, a set of tools for fine-grained filtering and searching of the Courses directory, and display improvements for the items in the directory.
- Group calendar subscription and import tools. It’s now possible to perform a one-time event import to a group calendar, by uploading an .ical file. You can also configure a group calendar to subscribe to an external calendar feed, so that new items on that external feed are automatically detected and added to the group calendar.
- A tool that enables users to request membership to a non-public site. Previously, these sites could only be joined via invitation, an obstacle for student onboarding.
- Interface improvements to the Reckoning plugin, including the display of post categories when viewing user summaries.
- Improvements to the group file folder interface, including a tool to delete folders.
- Design improvements to Sites and Groups directories.
For complete details, visit the 1.16.0 milestone.