I’ve just released version 1.4.32 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release with a number of fixes:
- Removes the deprecated Apture WP plugin
- Updates to some custom themes
- Fixes bug in external blog post plugin that caused items to be bumped to the top of the activity stream
For more information on the release, visit the 1.4.32 milestone.
A reminder that we are currently on our summer release schedule. Our next scheduled maintenance release is on September 1, when we will resume thrice-monthly versions.
I’ve just released version 18.104.22.168 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is an emergency release, to fix a bug in Reply By Email that was causing some emailed forum replies not to appear in the thread.
For complete details, see the 22.214.171.124 milestone.
I’ve just released version 126.96.36.199 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is an emergency bugfix release.
Part of the 1.4.31 release last week was the upgrade of the WP plugin The Events Calendar from v2.0.11 to a completely rewritten v3.0. However, that updated version contained multiple bugs that completely broke important functionality on several sites hosted on the Commons. Commons 188.8.131.52 rolls the plugin back to the last known-working version for the time being.
For complete details, see the 184.108.40.206 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.4.31 of the CUNY Academic Commons. 1.4.31 is the second of our monthly releases during the summer of 2013, and includes a number of fixes and small features. Highlights:
- Security updates to WordPress and BuddyPress
- Elegant Themes updated
- A number of new plugins: Page Excerpt, Easy Rotator, Column Shortcodes, Next Page Buttons, Page Links Plus: Single Page, WP Post to PDF
- New WP themes: Aggregate, Lucid
- Fixed a bug that prevented recent groupblog posts from appearing on front page of the site
- Improvements to reply by email functionality
For complete details, see the 1.4.31 milestone.
A reminder that, due to the summer schedule, the next maintenance release (1.4.32) is scheduled for August 11.
During the academic year, the Commons puts out maintenance releases on the 1st, 11th, and 21st of every month. This summer, when site use is decreased and when we have a number of major features in active development, we will be reducing our release rate to once per month. That means that the next release after today’s 1.4.30 will be 1.4.31, on July 11.
I’ve just released version 1.4.30 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release with the following notable fixes:
- Improved load time on the home page, through the asynchronous loading of images
- New WP plugin: TablePress
- Fixed bug that caused YouTube videos to leak into front page widget
For more details on the release, visit the 1.4.30 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.4.28 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release, with a number of new plugin additions.
For complete details on the release, visit the 1.4.28 milestone.
I’ve just released version 1.4.27 of the CUNY Academic Commons. This is a maintenance release, with a number of notable features:
- Upgrades BuddyPress to the latest 1.7 branch, which includes some security improvements
- Adds WP plugin: Twitter Mentions as Comments
- Fixes bug that prevented Jetpack Comments from being able to post to Commons blogs
For more details on the release, visit the 1.4.27 milestone.