I’ve just released version 1.3 of the CUNY Academic Commons. 1.3 is a major feature release for the Commons. Various technical and extra-technical hurdles have held up v1.3 for a bit longer than the team may have liked, so it feels particularly good to announce its release.
You can read a nice round-up of highlights at our News blog. Here is a quick list, from the development point of view:
- Upgraded to latest BuddyPress, including all BP-dependent plugins (among others, a large rewrite of much of BuddyPress Groupblog)
- New directory filters for Members
- Autosuggest for wiki tags
- Icon display of social media fields on user profiles
- Sorting/posts-per-page dropdowns for individual forum topics
- Auto-invitations to the Group for Group Admins for group admins/mods
- Infrastructure for the invitation of non-CUNY site members, via admin-supplied signup code
- Save rich text editor preferences in MediaWiki
- Non-network-activate Viper’s Video Tags WP plugin
- Better handling of LaTeX in group email notifications
- Prompt for forcing the filling in of “Role” on user profiles
- IE styling fixes for BP theme
- Improvements to groupblog activation during group creation
- Better custom image support for Featured Content Widget plugin
- Dashboard Widget cruft removed
- Autocomplete for adding users to blogs
- New WP plugin: FD Footnotes
Keep an eye on the Codex in the upcoming days for posts highlighting some of these features.
For complete details on the 1.3 release, see the milestone.
1 thought on “Commons 1.3”