I’ve just released version 1.2.3 of the CUNY Academic Commons. 1.2.3 is nominally a bugfix release, but it also happens to add a few neat features that are worth a short explanation.
- BuddyPress Docs History Since BuddyPress Docs was introduced on the Commons with version 1.2, I’ve done some retooling to the way that the interface works. Of note, individual Docs now have three tabs (for those with proper permissions): Read, Edit, and History. The History tab gives you a nice, at-a-glance view of the revision history of a document, with options for side-by-side comparison and reverting to previous versions. See my earlier post on the subject for more information.
- Better redirection for non-logged-in users If you subscribe to email notifications for any of your Commons groups, you know that it can be a bit annoying to click on the link provided, only to be bounced back to the Commons home page, because you were attempting to view private content but were not logged into the site. A new feature (written by the latest member of our dev team – more on that in an upcoming post!) makes this a thing of the past. If you attempt to visit a private page while not logged in, you’ll be taken to the login page, and after logging in, you’ll be sent to the page you were originally trying to visit.
As usual, there are also a number of bugfixes in this release. Of note:
- Some styling issues for Internet Explorer are improved
- WordPress updated to latest version
- Really Simple Captcha plugin installed, to make blog contact forms more secure
- Some errant error messages in BuddyPress Docs cleared up
For full details on the release, visit the 1.2.3 milestone.
2 thoughts on “Commons 1.2.3”
Thanks, Boone–this all looks great!
I really like the new tab approach for the docs. This is an awesome plugin and I am glad you are continuing to improve it. I am just beginning to show people how to better utilize this in our network geared towards K12 teachers and students. THANK YOU!