BuddyPress Docs 1.1: Doc History

BuddyPress Docs History

BuddyPress Docs History

I’ve just released version 1.1 of BuddyPress Docs, my collaborative editing software for BuddyPress.

The big new feature in version 1.1 is the History tab. After upgrading, you’ll notice that what used to be a single Edit button has been reorganized into three tabs: Read, Edit, and History. History allows you to brows the entire revision history of a document, to compare the differences between two revisions side by side, to view a single revision, or to restore to any point in the document’s history. Access to the History tab can be limited in the same way that access to the Edit tab can be, on a doc-by-doc basis.

This new feature will, I hope, bring some of the best qualities of wikis to BuddyPress Docs, and make Docs an even better way to collaborate.

The feature will be live on the CUNY Academic Commons in the upcoming weeks.

Download BuddyPress Docs from the wordpress.org plugin repo or follow development at Github.

Posted in Plugins and Extensions.

Tagged with , , , .

3 Responses

Stay in touch with the conversation, subscribe to the RSS feed for comments on this post.

1. Chris K says

Thanks for your continued development of this plugin. I find it really useful and it is part of our plans for moving forward with Buddypress in a K-12 school environment.

Would you plan to offer “Doc Exporting” either as RTF or MS Word format?

This update provides great improvements! I think you have an awesome website and I love your plugins.

2. Jeff Karstens says

Keep the updates coming!

Continuing the Discussion

1. Commons 1.2.3 – CUNY Academic Commons Development Blog linked to this post on June 6, 2011

[...] of a document, with options for side-by-side comparison and reverting to previous versions. See my earlier post on the subject for more [...]

Some HTML is OK

or, reply to this post via trackback.

*
To prove you're a person (not a spam script), type the security word shown in the picture. Click on the picture to hear an audio file of the word.
Anti-spam image

Additional comments powered by BackType